Date(s) - 03/18/2023
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Family Aviation Day will be held at the Museum of Aviation in Warner Robins, Georgia, on Saturday, March 18, 2023 from 10:00am until 2:00pm. You will have a special opportunity to view helicopters up close and meet the crews. Come on out and get to know several of the Robins Air Force Base units and those who serve our country.
During this free event your family and friends will be able to walk through specific aircraft, climb into open cockpits, see helicopters and meet the crews, learn about the Museum’s premier aircraft exhibits (four climate controlled buildings), and experience fun STEM activities. Knowledgeable guides will be available throughout the Museum to share information about the airplanes, and select airplane fuselages and cockpits will be opened for viewing on this special day. Visitors can expect to have interaction with pilots and crew members, as well as have many fun photo opportunities with the exhibits. Younger visitors will enjoy Stomp Rockets, Model Glider Flights, and other free activities. The Emmy-award winning movie, Papa Said, We Should Never Forget will play in the Museum’s theatre. This movie is appropriate for Elementary-aged students and helps viewers understand the role of paratroopers during WWII. You will be able to interact and ask questions to the many different reenactments throughout the campus!
The Museum of Aviation is one of ten exciting stops on Georgia’s WWII Heritage Trail. Visitors will be invited to experience WWII aircraft and exhibits located in the Museum’s Scott Exhibit Hangar – Building 3. The “Scott Hangar” named after Gen. Robert Scott, author of God is My Co-Pilot, contains numerous World War II aircraft and displays about the conflict. This hangar also includes exhibits about the Tuskegee Airmen and the 507th Airborne Division. The Museum is restoring a B-17 in the exhibit space so that visitors can see the process, as well as see the amazing B-17 up close.
Special discounts will be available in the Museum of Aviation Gift Shop and at the virtual reality, motion-based, Transporter Ride on Family Aviation Day. Choose from nine adventures! Food Trucks will be located near the Freedom Park Playground and there are available restrooms in all areas.
Visit the Scott Hangar to see the restoration process of the B-17G. Learn about the B-17G housed at the museum here.
Aircraft that will be open for viewing
HH-3E, AC-130 and the C-7A
- Walk through specific aircraft
- Climb into select open fuselages and cockpits
- Helicopter Fly-in and meet the Crew – Picture Ops
- Docents on-site to share information and learn about our premier exhibits
- The young can enjoy Stomp Rockets and Model Glider Flights – participate in engaging STEM Activities
- Movie Papa Said, We Should Never Forget playing in the theatre – Eagle Building
- Visit four climate controlled exhibit buildings including the The Scott Hangar with exhibits and aircraft recording WWII
- View the B-17 being restored
- Reenactments will be performed throughout the event
- Food Trucks at pavilions – Playground at pavilions
- Gift Shop
- Special discount on our Virtual Reality Simulator in the Eagle Building. Choose from 9 rides!
- and… so much more!
Thank You Metro Power/PPC Foundation for Your Support!