Recognizing Highly Qualified Practicing STEM Educators
The National STEM Academy support includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual, on-site, and/or ‘On the Go’ outreach STEM and/or History based field trip programs; volunteering for programs, projects, and/or special events; teaching summer camps and/or Saturday STEM Labs; participating in professional development workshops and/or the Educator STEM Conference.
The goals of the STEM Educator Ambassador program are to improve STEM education and promote resources and programs readily available through the Educator Resource Center at the National STEM Academy. We strive to maintain a strong relationship with our STEM Ambassadors in order to serve STEM education.
Enduring partnership between STEM Educator Ambassadors and the National STEM Academy’s education programs is our highest priority. We greatly value and deeply appreciate our STEM Educator Ambassador’s experience, expertise, leadership and time. This partnership includes making connections with educators, families, and communities.
Ambassadors will be invited to provide information about STEM education, resources, and programs available at and through the National STEM Academy as well as participate in professional development opportunities offered through the Educator Resource Center, including the STEM Educator Workshop Series.
The Museum of Aviation greatly appreciates our STEM Educator Ambassadors and all of their contributions to our community. We look forward to welcoming you to our team. STEM Educator Ambassadors will be recognized for their leadership skills and their continuous effort to improve STEM education within the communities they serve and by their promotion of National STEM Academy resources and programs.
At the end of each school year, up to four educators will be selected by the Educator Resource Center and invited to participate in the STEM Educator Ambassador Program.
Each Ambassador will receive:
- Official Educator Resource Center STEM Educator Ambassador Certificate
- A National STEM Academy STEM Educator Ambassador Pin
- 25% off for all virtual, on-site, and ‘On the Go’ outreach field trip programs for their classroom (Discount valid for Ambassador’s class only, cannot be used for school or other teachers and is non-transferable)
- Recognized on the STEM Educator Ambassador webpage
- Recognized on the STEM Educator Ambassador wall display in the Educator Resource Center’s Lending Library
Each year, a STEM Educator Ambassador will be recognized for their exemplary efforts as an Ambassador.
The STEM Educator Ambassador of the Year will be awarded by the Educator Resource Center each summer and recognized at the GA Educator STEM Conference. The recipient will be selected based on their support of the Educator Resource Center and other National STEM Academy education programs and their continuous efforts to fulfill the STEM Educator Ambassador Program’s goals and duties.
The STEM Educator Ambassador of the Year will receive:
- Official Certificate naming them as Educator of the Year
- Free registration for the GA Educator STEM Conference
- Recognition on the STEM Educator Ambassador’s webpage and on National STEM Academy’s social media platforms
- and $1000