Congratulations to the 2019 STEM Teachers of the Year!
Due to COVID-19, we have had to cancel the STEM Teacher of the Year Awards for this year. Please follow us on Facebook to find out when applications will open for next year.
Since 2012, the National STEM Academy at the Museum of Aviation has been proud to recognize Georgia STEM Teachers of the Year with the Jane Shirley McGee Award.
– Designed to honor teachers who are actively engaging students in authentic hands-on activities in all areas of STEM Education
-Open to all K – 12th Grade Certified Teachers and Teaching Teams throughout Georgia
-Each winning category will receive a $1,000 total cash prize:
K – 5th Grades
6th – 8th Grades
9th – 12th Grades
The winners will be announced August 22, 2020 during the Georgia STEM Conference at the Museum of Aviation.
To apply for the Georgia STEM Teachers of the Year Award or nominate a teacher or teachers who you think are deserving of this award, complete the application and submit to the Museum of Aviation’s National STEM Academy on or before June 30, 2020.
Georgia STEM Teachers of the Year Awards Criteria
- A Georgia STEM Teacher of the Year should be a certified K – 12th grade teacher currently teaching in a Georgia public or private school.
- Teaching Teams include two or more teachers.
- Applicants must explain clearly and in detail how STEM Education is demonstrated collaboratively in the classroom using the PowerPoint Presentation Template provided below and include photos.
- Applications must include a letter of recommendation from a principal or supervisor.
- PowerPoint and letter of recommendation must be submitted with the application.
- To submit application, applicants must use a free Gmail email account.
- Applications must be submitted online on or before June 30, 2020.
- Winners will be notified by August 1, 2020.
- Award will be in the form of a cash prize of $1,000.00 to each winning team or individual teacher. Winning team members will share the award.
- Award winners or a representative must attend the Georgia STEM Conference at the Museum of Aviation to receive award plaques and checks on August 22, 2020.
- Houston County applicants will also be considered for the Air Force Association Chapter Teacher of the Year program.
PowerPoint and Letter of Recommendation must be completed prior to filling out the application. Please use the PowerPoint Template available for download below.
If you are having trouble downloading and/or opening the template, please contact Valerie Myers (information below).
The application should take about 5 minutes to complete and will be completed online in a Google Form. The PowerPoint will take time to complete, please include photos. You will upload both the PowerPoint and Letter of Recommendation within the application. Please upload the PowerPoint in PowerPoint format. The Letter of Recommendation may be uploaded in Document or PDF formats.
You may view a PDF sample of the application by clicking the blue button below.
Use the Red button below to submit your application.