Homeschool workshops are open to everyone, including individuals and virtual learners.
The 2020-2021 Homeschool Workshop Dates are: Oct. 8 & 22, Nov. 5 & 19, Dec. 3 & 17, Mar. 4 & 18 (rescheduled to the 30th due to severe weather), Apr. 8 & 22, May 13 & 20.
*Important Information for All Homeschool Workshops
Please read all information below as there will be several changes this year as we strengthen our efforts to keep all students and staff safe:
- Due to COVID-19, class space is limited and there will be social distancing and sanitation procedures in place.
- Students will be required to wear a mask unless social distancing is possible. Masks must be worn for drop off and pick up. Please send a labeled mask with your student to class.
- Temps will be checked every day during check in, temps over 99 degrees will not be permitted to stay for that day.
- Please send a labeled water bottle with your student, as water fountains have been turned off for safety. Please do not send any outside food, there will be no snacks during any classes.
- For safety measures, there will be no drop off and pick up in the classroom.
- Pre K – 5th Grades must use the car rider loop on the south side of the Century of Flight Hangar. In case of inclement weather, check in and out will take place on the 2nd floor of the Century of Flight Hangar in the lobby area.
- 6th – 12th Grades must use the loop set up in front of the Space and Innovation Center.
- A map will be emailed before each class for the new locations.
- IDs will be checked during pick up. Please ensure all authorized pick-up persons are updated as emergency contacts during registration.
Please register early to secure your spot. If a class is full, please add your student to the waitlist. As social distancing measures change, we will open up more spots as allowed. We will add students from the waitlist on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Homeschool classes will be offered 2 times a month for Pre K – 5th grades, one morning class and one afternoon class, and 1 time a month for 6th – 12th grades in an effort to social distance and serve more students. Each month will be the same topics, please only register your student for either the morning or afternoon, not both.
*Pre K students must be at least 4 years old by the start date of the class.
*When registering for classes, students are required to stay in the same grade level for the entire series.
Pre K – 5th Grades will have two sessions a month to choose from, you do not need to do both as curriculum will be the same for each.
10:00 am – 12 noon for 1st session of each month
2 pm – 4 pm for second session of each month
6th – 12th Grades will have one session a month
10:00 am – 12 noon, 1st date of each month
$20 per student, per session
Pre K - K Homeschool Workshops
Nov: Solar System
Jan: Fire Engines