The STEM Educator Ambassador Program recognizes highly qualified practicing STEM educators who support* and represent the National STEM Academy and the Academy’s Educator Resource Center programs by making connections with educators, families, and communities.
*National STEM Academy support includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual, on-site, and/or ‘On the Go’ outreach STEM and/or History based field trip programs; volunteering for programs, projects, and/or special events; teaching summer camps and/or Saturday STEM Labs; participating in professional development workshops and/or the Educator STEM Conference.
The goals of the STEM Educator Ambassador program are to improve STEM education and promote resources and programs readily available through the Educator Resource Center at the National STEM Academy.
STEM Educator Ambassadors support and represent the National STEM Academy’s education programs, including the Educator Resource Center by making connections with educators, families, and communities.
Ambassadors will provide information about STEM education, resources, and programs available at and through the National STEM Academy and will participate in professional development opportunities offered through the Educator Resource Center, including the STEM Educator Workshop Series.
STEM Educator Ambassadors will be identified through their leadership skills and their continuous effort to improve STEM education within the communities they serve and by their promotion of National STEM Academy resources and programs.
At the end of each school year, up to four educators will be selected by the Educator Resource Center and invited to participate in the STEM Educator Ambassador Program.
Each Ambassador will receive:
- Official Educator Resource Center STEM Educator Ambassador Certificate
- A National STEM Academy STEM Educator Ambassador Pin
- 25% off for all virtual, on-site, and ‘On the Go’ outreach field trip programs for their classroom (Discount valid for Ambassador’s class only, cannot be used for school or other teachers and is non-transferable)
- Recognized on the STEM Educator Ambassador webpage
- Recognized on the STEM Educator Ambassador wall display in the Educator Resource Center’s Lending Library
STEM Educator Ambassador of the Year
Each year, a STEM Educator Ambassador will be recognized for their exemplary efforts as an Ambassador.
The STEM Educator Ambassador of the Year will be awarded by the Educator Resource Center each summer and recognized at the GA Educator STEM Conference. The recipient will be selected based on their support of the Educator Resource Center and other National STEM Academy education programs and their continuous efforts to fulfill the STEM Educator Ambassador Program’s goals and duties.
The STEM Educator Ambassador of the Year will receive:
- Official Certificate naming them as Educator of the Year
- Free registration for the GA Educator STEM Conference
- Recognition on the STEM Educator Ambassador’s webpage and on National STEM Academy’s social media platforms
- and $1000