The National STEM Academy is a registered trademark program of the Museum of Aviation Foundation. The National STEM Academy offers field trip and individual programs that integrate innovative, hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines, including the ‘Arts‘ such as history, literature, and more through the Heritage, ACE (Ask. Challenge. Educate.), Mission Quest, and the Educator Resource Center programs. These programs are offered for learners ages 4 through adult. Rigorous, goal-setting experiences challenge participants to solve problems and are aligned to state and national education standards. Career opportunities and workforce development strategies are highlighted throughout.
Field trips, workshops, and special events are conducted both at the Museum of Aviation, “On the Go” through outreach at school sites, and via live virtual field trips. 36,224 students and teachers were served by National STEM Academy programs during FY 2019. STARBASE ROBINS served 16,988, for a total of 53,212 students and teachers served by the Museum of Aviation Foundation Education Center.
The Museum of Aviation Foundation, including the National STEM Academy, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Proceeds from all National STEM Academy programs, as well as, National STEM Academy monetary donations, go directly back to support the National STEM Academy. If you would like more information or to donate or support a program, please contact Valerie Myers at email@example.com for education donation information.
National STEM Academy Programs
Programs & Field Trips
- Virtual Programs
- Pre K -5th Grade Wonder Wings & ACE Field Trip and Outreach Programs
- 6th Grade – Adult Mission Quest Flight Simulation Programs
- 6th – 12th Grade Mission Quest STEM Programs
- ACE & Mission Quest Homeschool Programs
- Resource Center Resources, Lending Library, Workshops, & more
- Ages 4 – Adult History Field Trip, Outreach, & Guided Tours
- Scout Programs
- Birthday Parties
- STEM Labs & Events
- Family Science Nights and Academic Booth Set Ups
- For special needs groups, please contact us for alternative options.
STARBASE Robins Programs
5th – 8th Grade
Part of the premiere Department of Defense STARBASE STEM Program. The program engages students through its inquiry-based curriculum with its “hands-on, mind-on” experiential activities. During each student’s 25 hours of instruction, they are introduced to many STEM concepts and skills as well as 3D modeling and 3D printing. STARBASE ROBINS programs include its signature fifth grade program as well as its STARBASE 2.0 Afterschool STEM Mentoring Program, summer academies and robotics tournaments.
STARBASE Robins is located at the Museum of Aviation and is a part the Museum of Aviation Foundation’s Education Center.
National STEM Academy Program Guide
National STEM Academy Handbook of Policies and Procedures
The following link is for the National STEM Academy Handbook of Policies and Procedures. You are welcome to download and/or print a copy for your records.
All participants for all National STEM Academy programs must acknowledge receipt of the Handbook.
If you are paying online through the registration system or in person via electronic check or credit card, you will sign the form electronically confirming receipt and agreeance to these policies.
If paying by cash, paper check, or money order, the below must be signed by Program Coordinator or Parent/Guardian at the time of registration or reservation for any program. You may download the form, sign it electronically and email it back to your coordinator.
For questions or issues accessing this document, please call or email 478-926-1985, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National STEM Academy Educator Resource Center offers many education resources, lessons, a lending library, and more.
Museum of Aviation 504 Plan
The Museum of Aviation has an active 504 Plan. Click below to view.
Curriculum Standards Correlations
The National STEM Academy strives to correlate all programs with state and national education standards. Please see standards correlations for each program on that program’s page by clicking the appropriate grade level in the navigation bar.
STAR Partners are partners who have generously donated $5,000 or more to support the National STEM Academy.
Feedback and Reviews
Feedback is important to any successful business. The National STEM Academy is no different. Click below to read what students, teachers, and parents have to say about us.
The Museum of Aviation and the National STEM Academy have been blessed with many awards throughout the years.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
The National STEM Academy is taking all precautions during this pandemic. Click below to read our safety measures.
For more information on Field Trips and Group Programs, you may also contact the National STEM Academy Directly:
- General Information/Heritage Programs & Field Trips (Guided Tours, History Programs, Scouts): Candi James | 478-926-5558 | email@example.com
- General Information/Registration/Grants/Special Events: Valerie Myers | 478-926-1985 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre K – 5th Grade Programs & Field Trips (ACE, Wonder Wings): Elizabeth Skinner | 478-222-7575 | email@example.com
- 6th-12th Grade Programs & Field Trips/Scouts (Mission Quest, Boy Scouts): Kim Ruberti | 478-222-7591 | MissionQuest@museumofaviation.org
- Adults/Educators/Interns/STEM Activity Kits (Educator Resource Center): Clare Swinford or Patty Forehand | 478-222-7547 | firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com